Saturday, August 8, 2026

 A White House Dream

 

 This short dream happened to me in 2021 during the negotiations on the Build Back Better Act which later the same year was cancelled. 

I was sitting in a large room which I thought had to be a meeting room in the White House. There was a very long and broad table in the big room and I was sitting on a chair a few meters to the left of Joe Biden which was then President. He just looked straight into the wooden table and I didn't try to talk to him, and he was looking slightly (rightwards) away from me as we both were sitting on the same left side of the table. 

Then two white males in their 40's (probably) who looked like generic white European academics entered the room and I thought, why would not the advisors of the most powerful man on the planet look differently, or taller or 'smarter' or something? I also believed that the two advisors were staring intensely at me and that they were thinking the same but opposite? 

Why would the man who (I thought it was me) inspired the most important public, economic and political plan(s) in America since the WW2 also look like a generic person?? The whole mental atmosphere was in an undecided state of surprise, excitement and kinda an anticlimax because there were no communication between any of the four people in the room. 

The two generic European academics seemed for me to think the same about the President as I did, which looked like a statue that had no proactive agency, but were the obvious legally important person to sign any political legislation that would happen, sooner or later. And the dream ended in uncertainty because it ended right there, as far as I can remember. 

 

Epilogue: Later when the Build Back Better Plan and the Build Back Better Act was cancelled I thought Joe Biden should say the same as Roosevelt did before the Normandy Invasion: "If it fails we will try again!". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plz keep your comments decent and appropriate, and within the limits of the dignity of the bourgeoisie.